Online School Resource Review

The Webs #1 Site for Online Class Resources
It is currently

All times are UTC

PostPosted:  
Why are you guys cheating on online tests? that is immoral and unethical. Someone is going to study hard hours to learn material while you're going to pay BoostMyGrades.com to take your online exams? I am a retired professor of economics. If I found out one of my students was using a service like BoostMyGrades.com or any other academic helping tool, I would expell the student immediately if it were up to me. Unfortunately, its impossible for us to tell if you were cheating if an IP address is changed..... Kids these days are getting smarter with this technology stuff... my advice, study, dont' cheat. When you cheat, you cheat yourselves.

Retired - Professor of Economics

PostPosted:  
poop!!!!!!

PostPosted:  

Will teachers check for things like an IP address when I take an online exam? Are there any websites that will take just one exam for me?

PostPosted:  
I do not know if they can or not, but I know some sites use non set IP's , I was told this from a site before. Hope this is useful.

PostPosted:  
I found this article, it was given to me by a online test taking website..... This way a way they ensured me the IP's wouldn't be traced, and they can actually trace it back to the city of the student.

How do I change my IP address?

"How do I change my IP address?" and "Can I change my IP address?" are probably the most commonly asked questions. Please attempt the following then, if that does not work, visit the Change IP Address forum.

Before trying any other methods to change your IP address, try turning off (or unplugging the power of) your Cable/DSL modem for five minutes. In many cases this will change your IP address. However, if that does not change your IP address, repeat the process for 8 hours (overnight works well) instead of 5 minutes. Hopefully this will result in an IP change.

If the above does not result in your IP address changing, please look through the below for the situation that best matches yours and attempt to change your IP address that way. Unfortunately you are not able to get your IP address to change in all cases, as it is ultimately determined by your ISP's DHCP configuration (when you've got a dynamically assigned IP address, that is.)

Windows

- Computer connected directly to the modem
Get to a command prompt. (START, run, cmd).

Type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes, on the command line by itself).
Type "ipconfig /renew" (without the quotes, on the command line by itself).
Windows (second option)

- Computer connected directly to the modem
Get to a command prompt. (START, run, cmd).
Type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes).
Shut down computer.
Turn off computer.
Turn off all ethernet hubs/switches.
Turn off cable/DSL modem.
Leave off overnight.
Turn everything back on.
Network with Router

Release the IP address. (Method varies by router manufacturer)
Turn off router, ethernet hubs/switches, and the cable/DSL modem.
Leave off overnight.
Turn everything back on.
If you are using a cable/DSL modem and a router, you may wish to connect your computer directly to the cable/DSL modem. Please note that this could significantly impact your system security. This allows your ISP's DHCP to issue you a new (hopefully changed) IP address based of the (hardware) MAC address of your computer's ethernet card.

If all the above has not worked to change your IP address and you have a router, check and see if there is a "Clone MAC Address" option. Using it should change your IP address; however, you'll only be able to do it once (in most cases).

These will not work in all cases. If all else fails contact your internet service provider (ISP) and ask them if they are able to change your IP address or how long your connection needs to be off for your IP address to change.

If you trying to change your IP address because you are just trying to access web based forums you may wish to attempt to configure your internet browser to use a proxy server.

If this does not answer your question, please visit the change IP address forum.

Related Articles

PostPosted:  
You guys are stupid, check out BoostMyGrades.com they used HideMyApp (VPN), worked like a charm, I go to University of Phoenix and got away with it! :) UoP is cracking down hard on cheating on tests....

IP's are not hard to hide, just have to hire the right test taking provider.

-skeet